Thursday 11 February 2010

Alexander McQueen dies at 40


I can't believe that I am saying this but...as many of you know...Alexander McQueen has died this morning in his flat. It is believed that it was a suicide and only a week ago his mother died so that might be the reason. I can't believe that this has happened. He was a genius, his collections were amazing, he has been voted four times best British designer and he even was rewarded for outstanding contribution to British fashion. What is going to happen to the Alexander McQueen fashion house, this is so sudden and nobody will be able to create the same pieces he did.Ticket for his shows is one of the hottest and now this brilliant and very unique designer has died. He will surely be missed and this is a huge loss to the fashion industry....below you can see some pieces from his amazing collections and I think they will remind you how brilliant he was....he sure will be missed....

1 comment:

  1. RIP

    I love the photos you chose in memory of him. I can't believe it either... It's so sad to think that we'll never get to enjoy any new creations. his work was breath-taking.

    ReplyDelete